CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 12, 2008

More Journal Jar answers

I decided to take a few of these questions to work with me. Then when I have a little down time I can type up a few answers. These were completed at work a few days ago.

Name three generations of family members on your mother’s side, starting with yourself.

A lot of these questions I found through various lists on-line. I guess I should have read more carefully when selecting the questions, because this one is pretty vague. Am I just supposed to name three people, one from each generation, or as many people as I can from each generation? I guess I will start with me and my siblings and then my mom and her siblings, and then end with my grandparents.

My siblings and me: Glade, Ted, Jodi (Me), Gus, Raysha, and Suzette
My Mom and her siblings: Ethel (Mom), Marlene, Sue, Marsha, Malcolm, Rodrick, Rockford, and Wade.
Grandparents: Ernestine Burk Hunt and Charles Ray Hunt


If you could do whatever you wanted to right now, what would you do?

Well, at this very moment, I am at work and I am pretty bored. So if I could be anywhere else, I would like to be at home with my family just relaxing. I guess if we could be out someplace doing something fun and money was not an object, I would like to go have a nice dinner and go shopping for new books.

As far as a being able to do what I want to do long term, I would like to be able to stay home with my kids and not have to work at a traditional job. I would probably go a little stir crazy though, so if I could work part-time from home either in a data entry type job or else scrapbook for my job, that would be awesome.


Write about your favorite thing to do when you just want to hang out.

A normal hangout day includes some TV watching, some reading, some computer playing, just a little bit of a bunch of fun things for me to do. I love just hanging around the house with my family. We are all there, doing our own little thing, but being together too.

Now lets say I had a perfect hanging out day all to my self with no one to cook for and no cleaning to do. I would love to be able to wake up early in the morning, because I am so much more of a morning person than a night-owl. I would get started early scrapbooking and have tons of perfect pictures, already printed and waiting for me that I am just itching to scrapbook. I would have a few little munchies to keep me going. Peanut M&Ms or some other yummy treat. I would scrapbook until lunch where I would magically have some yummy orange chicken and steamed rice to eat. I would scrapbook some more until dinner where someone would have prepared a perfect steak and baked potato with bits of real bacon, cheese, and sour cream. I would have a great piece of pumpkin pie for dessert. I would then scrapbook until I just couldn’t keep my eyes open anymore. A few extra details would make it even more perfect. My family would be there to talk to and to share with, but they wouldn’t ask me to do anything for them. I would have a friend scrapbooking with me to bounce ideas off of and just to share stuff with. Any calories I eat that day would not count. As a matter of fact, every calorie that I ate would actually take that many calories away, instead of adding. I would have exactly the right paper and embellishments for the pictures that I had to scrapbook. I would be sitting in a beautiful room with lots of windows and natural light coming in during the day with awesome scenery outside. I would have lots of fun music to listen to or movies to watch/listen to while scrapbooking.

Now parts of that dream could actually happen, but that calorie thing, wouldn’t that be cool.


Do you wish you had more brothers or sisters? Why?

Nope, I’m very happy with the way that my family turned out. I think that we had the perfect mix of boys and girls. Not too many kids that we didn’t feel like we got good quality time with mom and dad. I have lots of awesome memories with all of my siblings and I wouldn’t trade them for anything. One of the things that I am most thankful for is that for the most part we all get along. There might be a thing or two that we wish were different, but for the most part I believe that we all love each other for exactly who each person is. The only thing that I would change, is that we would all live closer together or else have enough money to go and visit each other any time we wanted.


Describe your favorite vacation of your married years.

We haven’t had the chance to take too many vacations since we have been married. When we lived in Germany because of some weird fears that I had, we didn’t have the chance to visit many places. That is one thing that I will always regret, I’m sure. But there is one cool vacation that we were able to take about 2 ½ years ago that was great for us.

During Martin’s Spring Break from school we left the girlies with my parents and we took a trip. We started out from here in Willcox and went to Tucson to spend part of the day. Mostly it was a stop to get the oil changed in the car and to get a few things that we needed for the road. We then drove to Phoenix for the night. We got a room there and then spent a bit of time walking down some really cool streets in the downtown area. I can’t remember exactly where we were, but it was a great little area. I’m guess maybe close to the university because of the cool little shops and things that were there.

After that night we drove to Flagstaff. We got a room there and made that our base of operations. One day we went to the Grand Canyon. We didn’t get to hike in, but we did enjoy a tour and love it. Another day we went to Sedona and looked around there. I can’t remember most of the specific details of the trip, but it was great to have that time to reconnect with each other. I really love just hanging out with Martin and spending time with him.

On the way home we had the chance to drive though Joseph City and take a few pictures. We didn’t stop to talk to anyone or even really get out of the car to look around, but it was nice to be back there and to see some of the places that really mean something to me.

It was fun and we need to do it again sometime. It doesn’t necessarily need to be without that kids, though that was really nice. I really just want us to be able to take more vacations as a family and make more fun and interesting memories.

No comments: