CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Nostalgia

I have been feeling really nostalgic for the past few days. It mostly started on Saturday morning. It isn't that I want to go back in time and live certain parts of my life again, but I want to go back to those places and have the money and time to wander around, take pictures, and share memories with someone. The places and things that I am taking pictures of don't even have to look the same as in my memories. I just want pictures so that when I really start to forget things, I can pull out the scrapbooks that I want to make of all of these memories, and be able to read them and share them with those that I love.

I would love to be able to go back to Joseph City and just be able to walk up and down each street and remember the people who lived there, the fun things that might have happened there, to just let the memories flow. What would be ideal is if those memories would just magically appear typed out as I thought them. Of course, that part of this will never happen, but just to be able to remember them and to be able to take pictures to remind me of that memory would have to work.

I would love to walk around inside the Elementary School and take pictures of my old classrooms. Sit in the gym and just remember. Look at the playground and see just how much of the old stuff is still there and what it looks like now. Go to the high school and do the same thing. Go into the auditorium and take pictures of the choir/band room. Go out on the stage and remember those fun choir concerts. Go to the old Bushman home, which to me will always be Lelia's house, and remember all of the fun and silly times we had there. Stand on the balcony. Take pictures of the big fence posts where we played our freezing game. There are so many places I want to revisit.

It would be awesome to go back to Joseph City with each of my siblings and my parents and to be able to get their memories of different places too. That would be really fun for me.

One place that I could go and take pictures, and that I just might sometime here in the near future, would be Thatcher. Remember the good old college days. Take pictures inside the computer lab where I spent so much time on the computers Mudding. I can't take pictures of the old pit where we lived, but I could take pictures of what it has become. Go into the post office there. Relive the feeling of wanting mail from home or friends so bad, and to open that box and just have an "air box". Go into the choir room and be able to sit and remember all of the fun that was had there. Remember Dr. Lunt!! Go into the gym and remember our crazy crushes on the basketball players. Take a special trip to Bowie/San Simon for Baskin Robbins ice cream. Yep, so many things to remember.

Go to Killeen, Texas. Not one of my favorite places we have lived, but where Martin and I spent the first six months of our marriage. Go to Another World and relive where we wasted so much money. Go to the mall and walk around. We did a lot of window shopping in that mall. Drive onto post and go over to Martin's old company buildings.

I would love to be able to go back to Baumholder, Germany and take pictures of so many beautiful places. To take more pictures of Idar Oberstein. That place was awesome. To actually go up to the church in the rock for once and take pictures there too. Go to the PX and all of their related stores. Take video store just off post. The cute store on the corner that had so many interesting things to take pictures of. The ice cream shop. That was some awesome ice cream. The restaurant almost right across the street from the ice cream place. We would have to get pictures of the Sunshine Grill. We were almost on a first name basis with those delivery people. They brought us a lot of food. The German Pizza Hut, so much like home, and yet so different. The awesome pond with all of the ducks.

Colorado Springs. Now that place has so many spots that I would love to go back and visit. This entry is going to be so long if I keep on the way that I am going and I haven't even been putting down all of the places I want to go.

I really need to do better about taking more pictures. Since we moved here to Willcox, I have been horrible about taking pictures. I don't want to have to regret not having pictures of any more things or places in my life. I love pictures. I love looking at them, I love scrapbooking them. I need to take gobs and gobs more pictures.

Yep, I'm feeling really nostalgic and it is such a good feeling, but it is also making me very sad at the same time.

3 comments:

Steve said...

I don't mind you snooping. It's the people I don't know that snoop that freaks me out. Us Joe City folks have to stick together!
You were our favorite babysitter, and Cody Miller. He let us watch the 3 Amigos.
Tell Martin Hi for me.

Raysha said...

I would love to go back to Jo town and let the memories flow!!! Maybe someday we can go together and remember, remember, remember. Oh, and pictures, pictures, pictures! We can take a tape recorder or my mp3 player that has a voice recorder. As we share the memories out loud, they can be recorded. Then it would be easier to type them out while listening to them.

Oh yeah, on a different note, I found out that I was wrongly informed by Derrick and Jamie is leaving Saturday morning, not Sunday morning. So, we have to go on Friday which means I have to miss out on all the Zoo fun. :( Tell Susannah we're sorry we can't come. If Scotty understood these things, he would be so sad that he's going to miss "his girls." Sorry. We definately want to go another time when you guys are going though.

Jodilyn said...

That would be awesome. Take a girls trip to Joseph City and just have a good, fun time. I didn't even think of the tape recorder thing. How silly of me.

We will miss you at the zoo, but we will just have to go another time together. Maybe when it cools off a bit.