CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Journal Jar Questions

I need to get back into posting answers to some of my journal jar questions. I'm never going to get finished with them at this rate. So I will probably answer a couple of them tonight.

What is my full name and how did that name come about? If I could changed it, what would I call myself?

My maiden name is Jodilyn Hansen. Now Jodilyn Cox. My name came about because my mom wanted me to have a middle name, but my dad didn't want his daughters to have middle names. They decided to take two names and jam them together. For most of my life I have just gone by Jodi. When I was younger I didn't like my name, but mostly because other names were just cooler. When I was a little girl, I remember wishing my name was Jennifer. At one point I remember my mom telling me that they had thought about naming me Jennilyn (though I'm not sure what spelling they would use) and I thought that would have been a perfect combination of my favorite name and the name I already had.

Now I like my name. Over the years I have had times where I got annoyed because people couldn't pronounce it correctly, but I love that it is pretty unique.

What is your favorite food? Why?

I don't know that I can pick just one food for my favorite. It kind of depends on what kind of mood I am in. I have always loved Mexican food. I love a good steak with a baked potato. I love a good meatloaf, but it can't have the ketchup or tomato stuff on the top. The ketchup needs to be mixed in and baked in there, but not on top. I used to hate Chinese food, but since being married I have learned to love certain types. Martin loves Chinese food, so when we lived in Colorado, he would order Chinese and I would order pizza. I always tried his Sesame Chicken and I learned to really love the stuff. Now my favorite Chinese food would have to be either Sesame Chicken or else Orange Chicken, especially the Orange Chicken at Panda Express. Yummy!!! I'm making myself hungry now.

Did you go to college or take any special vocational training?

I went to college at Eastern Arizona College in Thatcher, Arizona. My Associates degree was called "Office Technology". They have since renamed the degree, but it is basically a fancy way to say secretary or administrative assistant. It is a degree that touches on many types of office jobs, but doesn't focus on any one in particular. I had to take classes in various different computer programs as well as to learn practical office skills. One of the classes that I really enjoyed was split into four different sections. Three of them were various types of transcription (Medical, Legal, and basic) with the fourth section being 10-key. I also loved my accounting classes. It is funny because I am not very good at math or at handling my own money, but give me someone else's money and accounting type math, and I am in heaven. I haven't taken any classes since I graduated in December of 1996, but I would love to take some updated classes. I think I would like to focus more in the finance area, but I'm still working on deciding what I want to be when/if I grow up. My favorite elective was Symphonic Choir. I was never brave enough to try out of any of the other choirs, but I don't really regret it as I probably wasn't good enough in the first place, and I was just really happy to be able to sing with the group I was in. I love Dr. Lunt. He made that class awesome.

I'm not sure if there is another question in the journal jar about roommates and stuff at college, but I think I'm going to go into depth on that one next time. I had some awesome roommates through the years, and some that weren't quite as awesome, but I want to get those people down in here so that when my memory is even crappier than it is today, I will remember all of them. I might have to get some help from Kandice to remember all of the ones for our first year in that house though.

9 comments:

Kandice and Rob said...

Wow, there's a challenge! I actually forgot two of their names, but I can picture them. Wanda and the girl who shared her room (she was a twin)... there was Rachel and what the heck was the girl's name with the really light hair?! And the other Hansen. Geez, I forgot three of their names! I'm the wrong girl to ask. :) Of course there was Jenny and Monica, too, and Amanda the second semester. Who else am I forgetting?

Jodilyn said...

Wanda's roommate was Charlene and the really blond girl was Stacy from Pinedale. The other Hansen was Melanie.

The way I always try to remember people is by which room was theirs in the house. I can't remember who had the single bedroom that first year. Who was your roommate that first semester?

We had a lot of changes from the first semester to the second so I think that is why that year was so confusing.

Kandice and Rob said...

Crazy how much stuff just up and leaves my mind! Yours seems to be somewhat intac still. :)

I think Carla had the single room. Jenny was my roomie the first semester.

Jodilyn said...

I couldn't remember if Carla was a roommate that year or not. Now that you have confirmed it, I remembered funny things about that time. Do you remember when Carla ate Stacy's brownie that she was saving for some reason. So Stacy then hid Carla's special cannery stew that she was saving for an important date.

Just remember that reminded me of all of the notes we used to leave on the institute board. I still have those somewhere. "Who ate my peas?!?!?"

Raysha said...

I need to get busy with my journal jar again! Funny comment above. I think EVERY house of roommates goes through the "you ate my stuff" fight. HA!

Raysha said...

Oh yeah, What the heck with the cannery stew? Are you serious? :) It must have been dang tasty.

Jodilyn said...

I personally never tasted the cannery stew, so I guess it might have been dang tasty. I just remember that it was being saved for a special date and we thought that was so hilarious. After the brownie incident, the stew was hidden and it became a huge issue until the stew was found.

Gusties said...

Jodi!!! I finally have a blog, and I'm finally commenting on other's blogs... I liked reading about EAC... I was thinking about Dr. Lunt today. What a great man! And, are you sure that Carla lived in the single room, or was it Carl? ;)

Laurie said...

Ha ha, It's too funny remembering who ate what roomate stories.
Fun posts!