Nothing too exciting going on in our lives lately.
The girls have been out of school for a couple of weeks now. So far I don't notice too many signs of total boredom or too much fighting, so that is a good thing. I do need to call and get them signed up for swimming lessons and then we have told them that we will try to get them involved in at least one WASA (Willcox Against Substance Abuse) class. Sydney would really like to take the dance class or the gymnastics and I'm not really sure which one Susannah is really interested in.
Martin is working a couple of nights a week as the night auditor at Motel 6. That is the job he was working while also going to school. He is looking to take on a couple of additional nights, but so far the other night guy doesn't want to give any up except for Sunday and Monday which, if Martin took those days, would leave us no days off together. I think that with the money we have saved up, we should be OK through the summer with him working only a couple of days.
I am still enjoying my job on most days. I'm finding that sitting at a desk all day with not enough work to do, can be very boring. I prefer to have lots of stuff to do so that I don't get bored and the day seems to go by faster, so this does bother me a lot. I do love where I work though, and the people that I work with. Our companies are in the middle of working out some of the kinks with the new software program that they have, and once that is done I will probably have more responsibilities to help keep my busy.
I don't remember if I mentioned it before, but the girls and I have a pretty good system worked out for the weekends. With me having three day weekends it is working out pretty good. On Saturday it is cleaning day, Sunday is craft day, and Monday is our day to go out and do something as a family. The rule is that if you don't participate in cleaning day, you don't get to participate in craft day. The first two craft days that we had, the girls had a blast with a few different crafts, and I was able to get 16 scrapbook pages done. This last craft day was fun for them, but because I was more on the lazy side on Saturday, I was the one who didn't get to participate in craft day on Sunday. Didn't think that I would be the first person to lose out on craft day. :)
Mom and Dad came home from Alpine last weekend too. It was nice to get to see them. It was also nice to hear their stories and hear that they are having a good time up there. We sure miss them. They might be coming home again over the 4th of July holiday, or if they can't come home and Martin can get the time off of work, we might go up there for the holiday. We need to be able to use the camping gear that we have invested in at least once this summer.
So, that is a bit of an update about us. Nothing too exciting, but nothing bad either.
This blog sucks!
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment