CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Today is the day!!

Two posts in one morning. Can anyone tell that I didn't sleep well last night? It is not fun to wake up every work morning at 5, but 3:30 this morning was way too early.

Today is the day!!!! I keep telling myself that very phrase, every day I seem to do it. But today is the beginning of my weight loss journey. I'm going to do it this time. I'm so tired of feeling horrible physically and mentally. I'm tired of being depressed and down so much because I don't feel good and I don't like the way that I look. I'm tired of disappointing my husband and my kids by not being up to doing the fun stuff that they want to do, because my knees hurt or my feet hurt or whatever. I want to be able to jump right out of the car and keep up with them. I don't want to have to worry about how I look when I'm doing something. I need to do something.

My major motivating factor is needing to feel better about myself. I need that. But the other major thing I need to do this for, is for my husband. I need to live up to my end of our bargain. Most of the bargain is between him and I, promises that I have made and have yet to keep, but the one that I feel that I want to share is this. We made a deal, that if I want to have any more children, I WILL be in better shape. I don't know if I do want to have more, but if I do decide that, it might be too late to do lose this weight after I have decided. My baby is turning 8 this week, and that is a huge age gap. But I love kids and if I do say so myself, we make awesome kids. So today is the day I start that process.

I have to got to Benson today for a meeting. I will go to Walmart before heading back to the plant and I will purchase a scale. I don't want to live by the scale, but I do need some sort of tracking to see how I am doing. I do better that way. I don't think that I will keep it here at our house. That might be more detrimental that helpful if all I am doing is weighing myself. I will keep it at my parents house and when I go to take care of the cat, I will use the scale.

At some point I also would love to get an awesome outfit, just a couple of sizes smaller. That motivation outfit. That outfit that I just can't wait to be small enough to get into. Then, when I get into that outfit, buy one a couple sizes smaller than that. Another motivation outfit.

I'm going to look into Weight Watchers. I think that for me, this might be the best road to take. I'm not going to do anything crazy to get this stuff off. Being healthy is the main concern here. Weight Watchers seems like the sensible way to do it. I am going to look into actual meetings here in Willcox. I could try it on the internet if I have to, but I do better with constant motivation. I do better when I have support and someone to report to, I guess.

I think that for the exercise portion I'm going to start going to the WASA exercise program. It is only $5 a month and is four days of the week. Who can beat that price. I will also use my break times at work to walk on the treadmill, walk around the plant, or ride the exercise bike. I will make sure that I get at least 30 min. of exercise a day. Now I do realize that since I am so out of shape, I need to take it slowly. I want to be realistic about this.

I'm a boredom eater and I eat when I'm depressed. So that isn't helping. Having an office job has been hard in some ways. Most days there is not enough stuff to do to keep my busy. I tend to snack when that happens. My allergies are a major hurdle. Most fresh fruits and veggies are out. I know that the canned variety aren't as healthy, but they are better than nothing.

So, here is why I'm posting this here. I'm going to need help. I will be keeping a food journal type thing, probably not on here, because that would get boring for my couple of readers, but I will be keeping one. The help that I need is people to remind me why I'm doing this and to help me stick too it. I am a pretty lazy person when it comes right down to it, so I know I will do better with people helping me push along. So, if anyone would be willing to help me along, or even join in, that would be awesome. I need someone to be able to share the struggles with and to cheer with me when I do good.

I have well over 100 pounds to lose so it is a huge undertaking, but I'm going to focus smaller. Here is to the first 5 pounds!!

6 comments:

Raysha said...

I am so in! Maybe we can set up a blog and have everyone who wants, be contributors so that everyone can post progress and what is working for them/advice. What ever you want to do, I'm there with you. I'm shooting to lose 40 at this point. It's so hard to get started and to wait to see those first few pounds come off. We have been going to the high school trach at least 4 times a week for a few weeks and I have been doing other exercises here and there. I STILL haven't seen a freakin pound drop off! I need the motivation as well.

Jodilyn said...

Alright then, we have a deal. Let's do it Raysha!! I probably won't have time to create a blog for it until after the festivities this weekend, or you can do it if you want to. You are better at this blog thing anyway. :)

Gusties said...

Good for you, Jodi!
I'm in too! I weighed almost 250 when we were in Cali, then I dropped to 232 or awhile here, but I've gotten lazy, and I'm now back up to 240!!! I really think looking at it a few pounds at a time is the right way to go. I'm thinking my goal should be to be 230 by the time I go hunting... Good luck!! (wish me luck! ;-)

Laurie said...

Awesome Jodi!!!! You've got it all figured out! That's so encouraging to me. I was doing really good at the beginning of the year and dropped 10 pounds but I have since put it all plus some back on. I think it's so important to do something that you are going to not mind doing the rest of your life.
I find that a lot of times when the scale is discouraging the measuring tape shows progress.
I'm so in.
I know you can do it! We'll all do it together!

Jodilyn said...

Awesome. Two more to join our group. I love you guys and I'm excited that we are all doing this together. Now to get the new blog or whatever going. Maybe I will be able to find the time to do it this weekend, or if you guys have some good ideas that would be cool too.

Tifani said...

Hey guys I would love to hop on the train. Jody you are awesome girl and I know that you can do this. Just remember we are all in this together! I have been working out for 4 months now and am just starting to incorprate the eating part of it. I started counting calories and yes I have done Weight Watchers Jodi and you go girl. I lost 22 pounds after Doyle who is my youngest then I threw out my back and just quit exercising which is a HUGE must for me. I started physical therapy and am feeling so much better. SO i will so join in, love you all and lets get the blog thing rollin. I bet Heather would love to do this to she has been wanting to drop weight to before she gets prego!! Keep me posted.
Tif