CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Long Time

Raysha and I were talking on the phone last night, and I realized that it has been a long time since I posted. My time management skills are not the best on an average day, but the last four weeks have been insane.

Right now at the job we are in "overhaul". I work at a power plant in the purchasing department. About once a year, they do an overhaul on one of the units that produce the electricity. This one just happens to be a really huge overhaul. Most of the people who work out there are working 60 hour weeks, which breaks down into 6 10 hour days. They only get Sunday off. I really shouldn't complain too much. I am working a 50 hour week. While at Movie Gallery I was required to work a 45 hour week, at least, but for some reason those extra five hours are kicking my butt. It isn't physically strenuous work, but it is still taxing in other ways. The biggest part of my job is to call vendors to find out the status of the items that they are shipping to us. During this time, that has the potential to cause so many problems, if they can't get what they need when they need it. It is a very fun job, and I am learning a lot at both office work and about power production, but I'm really tired and missing my three day weekends.

I have also been sick for close to two months now. I'm so ready to feel better. For the most part I am better now, but I still have a pretty nasty cough. Hopefully that will clear up soon as well.

The last stressful thing, but great thing, is that we are moving within the next two weeks as well. Not moving out of Willcox, YET, but to another place here in Willcox. My parents got an awesome church calling that will require them to be gone for about 90% of the summer. Their rental is open right now, so we are moving in there. Then we will be right there to keep an eye on their house, cats, and all of the many things they have on their property. We are all really looking forward to it. It is more out in the "country" so they will have more room to run and play. They have bikes at Grandma's and Grandpa's, so they will now be able to ride them pretty much whenever they want. It is certainly a great deal when looking at it from all angles. The only hurdle is the actual moving of the stuff. I'm not looking forward to all of the packing in my already busy, 10 hours at work, day.

I really do need to post more often in here, if even just to keep people up on what is going on with my little family.

6 comments:

Raysha said...

Yeah! I'm glad to see you posted. I can't wait for the scrappin convention! We are going to have fun and make some sweat stuff!!!

Tifani said...

Yeah Jodi!!! Good to see some posts. I really need to get heather backon here!! She has been so busy with school, but i need her to post pics of those little darlins of hers!!! Hope all goes well with the move. Good Luck!!! Love ya
tif

Anonymous said...

It would be nice to see your cute little family along with a post once in a while!

Raysha said...

Which e-mail address is your blog linked to so I can send the invite to that one. I have a hotmail address, is that the one I should send to???

Levi and Suzi said...

It's good to see you post!!! I miss you guys, and am SO jealous that you guys are going to scrapbook convention! You guys better think of me all day, especially when you win the drawings!

Laurie said...

It sounds like you are so busy! We miss you guys!