How did you receive your mail? Can you recall getting anything special or exciting?
When we lived in Joseph City we got our mail at the post office. Once we moved to the house on the main street I remember making the walk to the post office many times to get the mail. I loved being able to do that. I have always loved mail. I don’t remember anything specific that I got in the mail. It was all fun. My dad was once the president of the Chamber of Commerce in Joseph City. I used to love opening the mail that he got for that.
In Willcox we also got our mail at the post office, but it is in town and we live out of town. Mom usually got the mail while we were in school but I loved going home and having a letter from one of my friends back in Joseph City.
At college I also got my mail at the Post Office. It was just down the block and across the street from my house. I shared a mail box with Gus. I hated when I opened that box and there was nothing in there. We used to call it an air box. There was nothing in there so you could just feel the air blowing through. It sucked.
When Martin and I lived in Texas the mailboxes were on the outside of our apartment building. I could always hear when the mailman would arrive and when he left, so I was always right there to check that box. Air boxes really sucked then too. I didn’t have a lot of other things to keep me busy during that time, so mail was a huge daily thing.
In Germany the mail came to the company mailroom. Usually Martin brought it home from work with him, unless he was in the field or I happened to have the car that day. Then I would get to make that awesome trip to the mailbox.
Of the three places that we lived in Colorado Springs, two of them the mailboxes were on the apartment complex site. The place on base we can’t remember for sure, but I think we walked down the road and got it from one of the locked mailboxes.
Now we are back in Willcox and back to getting our mail at the post office. I always get it on the way into town after work. It is a fairly nice end to the day, as long as there aren’t too many bills.
This week will be fun though because I am in a scrapbooking club and August is my month to be the “Scrapbooker of the Month”. My stuff should start coming in any time. That will be exciting and tons of fun.
This blog sucks!
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment