CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 8, 2008

Update on Us

I haven't written an actual post about us and how we are doing in a while, so here it is.

Susannah is doing really good in school. We all really love her teacher. Her interest lately seem to revolve around her Nintendo DS. She does do other stuff, but she could lay around for hours playing her DS. This morning she was really cute as we were leaving for school. She told me that she was only supposed to read 2 chapters of her book for school, but that she got "carried away" and read 8. Her reading group is reading an Anamorphs book right now and she really loves those books.

Sydney is not enjoying her teacher much this year. I think it just adds to it that Susannah's teacher is also Sydney's favorite teacher so far. I think she is missing Mrs. Nieto quite a bit. We had to take Sydney to the dentist on Saturday because one of her baby teeth broke. She had a little cavity that wasn't going to be fixed since it was a baby tooth that was set to fall out soon anyway. She was eating the Safeway brand of Honey Bunches of Oats and one of the little clusters got stuck in her tooth. When she pulled it out, her tooth was cracked. She did really well with having to get what was left in there pulled out. She was being so silly but one funny thing that stuck in my brain was a comment she made after the doctor had given her the shots to numb her mouth. She said, "Something tastes like corn chips." Maybe you had to be there, but I sure got the giggles. My random girl!!!

Martin seems to be enjoying school this semester. He only has to go two days a week, which makes the gas money a little easier to swallow. He has to go for an MRI on his back and shoulder this Thursday. We are thinking that he might have a pinched nerve or something going on in his back. It is causing him quite a bit of pain. Hopefully it will turn out to be something easily fixed.

I have mostly just been working. I have to work an interesting schedule this week to make dropping off and picking up the girls easier while Mom and Dad are gone. It makes it so that I only had a two day weekend, but I'm sure I will live. ;) I did find some time to scrapbook yesterday. One of the kit clubs that I have received in the past is looking for two people to join their Design Team. I thought it would be fun to try at least, and even if I don't get picked, I have two cool layouts and two really neat projects that I have completed. I hope to get them scanned in and e-mailed tomorrow or Wednesday. I can't post them here, but if I don't get picked I will post them.

So, that is a little update on us.

No comments: