CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Two Peas Journaling prompts 01/07

Well, it looks like I missed yesterday. Here is yesterdays' to catch up.


Jan 7

*What is my earliest or happiest memory?

*Who do you trust the least and why?

*What about your work can you take pride in?

here


I can't say for sure that this is my earliest memory or even my happiest memory, but it is one that I love to share. When I was growing up I had a best named Lelia. Our mothers went to doctors appointments together when they were pregnant with us, so we have pretty much been friends from birth. My two older brothers were friends with two of her older brothers.

I loved to go over to Lelia's house. They lived in one of the oldest houses in Joseph City. It was just the coolest house ever, in my opinion. Some of my favorite things about it were the attic, the old "covered" wagon (that was no longer covered), the staircase, and the balcony. Everything about the house was awesome. Another favorite thing was the white picket fence around the property. The front gate had huge posts on either side that were flat on top. Here is where the memory comes in.

Lelia and I made up a little game that we just loved to play. We would climb up on top of the gate posts. The deal was that we had to sit there in one pose until a car drove by. After the car passed we would pick a new pose and have to hold that one until the next car. I can't say exactly why we had so much fun playing this, but we did. Joseph City is a very tiny town with not a lot of traffic. Sometimes it was a really long time that we had to hold that one pose before we could change again.

I really want to take a trip back to Joseph City and take pictures of all of the places that I have these little memories of. Some day....

No comments: