*Name three people whose lives have been improved by knowing you, and explain why.
*Think of a loved one that you have lost. If you could ask this person one question, what would you ask, and what do you think they would say?
When did you first realize you would someday be old or someday die?
These prompts were found here
*Think of a loved one that you have lost. If you could ask this person one question, what would you ask, and what do you think they would say?
When did you first realize you would someday be old or someday die?
These prompts were found here
While it would be easy to pick the first one today and just say my three kids, I have picked the easy ones so far, so this one I thought I would pick one that is a little bit harder for me.
The person I would want to ask a question of would be my Grandma Hunt. At the time that grandma's health was fading there where a few family members who took the time to trade off a bit to help take care of grandma. Most of the care was taken care of by my uncle and aunt and their children. They are the family who lived in the same town as Grandma and they always took such good care of her, before she got sick and after. I am so thankful that they were there to take care of her.
My mom made quite a few trips up to Utah to spend a few weeks at a time taking care of grandma. I guess sometimes it was just for a few days or for as long as she could get away. Other times were longer. We lived in the same town as my parents and I could have arranged to have a few days off of work to go with my mom on at least one of the trips up to take care of Grandma. It would have been a bit of a hardship, but it could have been done.
My reasoning for not going was that I wanted to remember her the way she was before she started to get sick. She lost much of her memory and maybe I was a big wimp and very selfish. I told myself it was ok because I really thought that grandma would prefer that I remembered her they way she was before she got sick and not the grandma that couldn't remember things.
So my question would be, is that what she really would have preferred or would she rather have had me come to visit before she passed on. Unfortunately I don't know for sure what her answer would have been. I loved my grandma and I wish I knew which way she would have preferred it and if I made the right choice.

No comments:
Post a Comment